The Old Library
BPN undertook the refurbishment and conversion of a locally listed mid 19th century public library building which had fallen into disrepair. The building is a surviving example of Birmingham’s first free libraries which opened in 1866. The work undertaken included the restoration of existing stone and brickwork, roof, leadwork, leaded windows and new rooflights.
The building is located within the Custard Factory Complex in Digbeth, and is now used as a sought after event and exhibition space.